Friday, March 11, 2011

And now for something a little more cheery.....



One of my faithful readers has noted that my blogs have been on the morose side lately. I guess it's kinda like the evening news, 55 minutes of bad news to make the sponsors happy and then a fluff story to end it all.

Well, just call me "fluffy". In that spirit, I hereby dedicate this story to Bee.

A man moved to another state where he didn't know anyone. In the move, his old piano was jarred, and of course it needed to be adjusted.

So he asked around, and was told that Earl Opporknockity was the best piano repairman in the area. The man called Earl and hired him to fix his piano.

Earl had a keen ear and a deft touch, and did a wonderful job calibrating the old piano. The man was able to play beautiful music once again, and was very pleased.

After a few years the old piano started producing sour notes again. So the man called Earl, and asked him to come work his magic on the old piano again.

To the man's surprise, Earl refused, saying "Sorry, I can't accept the job. I have retired."

"I'll pay you twice as much as last time if you'll just come back and work on my piano." Again Earl refused and told him to get someone else.

Crushed, the man hired someone else, but the piano never produced such beautiful sounds again.

The moral to the story: Opporknockity only tunes once.





2 comments:

Bernice said...

Laughing and choking at the same time. Did you make that up? Wonderfully cheery. Thanks, Al. I think I'm Bee.

Big Al said...

Can't take credit for that time worn story. But you're right, a little cheeriness goes a long way. Wish the rest of the world understood that too.